Welcome to the 2014 MMG 240 WikiEdit2014 class wiki for Structural Biology (MMG 240), offered by the Department of Microbiology & Molecular Genetics, University of Vermont (Burlington USA). This wiki is primarily desifned for enrolled students, but all are welcome to contribute. John M Burke created this wiki and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, or in his office (Stafford 214B).
(1) Sign up for Wikia. This free service will host all of your contributed content. Use a version of your real name, or a pseudonym that you are willing to share with the class. Note that all of your contributed content (including your name or pseudonym) will be open for the world to see.
(2) Go to the RCSB-PDB site, and choose a macromolecule of interest from the Molecule of the Month archive. Discuss your choice with John and the class to ensure that it is appropriate. You may also select a macromolecule from outside of this archive.
Links to class contributionsEdit
- Alessa: Cytochrome P450
- John: HIV-1 Protease
- Keri: p53
- Rogelio: Photosystem II
- Patrick: Anthrax Toxin
- Yuzo: P-Glycoprotein
- Biological function
- Gene sequence
- Amino acid or nucleotide sequence and composition
- Secondary and tertiary structure
- Domains and structural motifs
- Interactions (macromolecules and/or small molecules)
- Biodiversity, structurally-related molecules and molecular evolution
- Literature overview: Research and/or applications
Nucleic Acid Database (NDB)